The Center for Innovative Governance Research is hiring a Director of Research for our Charter Cities Program. Founded in 2017, the Center is a fast-growing nonprofit building the ecosystem for charter cities around the world. We work with entrepreneurs, new city projects, investors, policy experts, and government officials to make charter cities a reality.
The Center has three programs:
- Research: We produce original research to help decision makers on the ground.
- Events: We host summits to bring together various stakeholders in the charter city ecosystem.
- Application: We work with new cities developments interested in becoming charter cities.
The Director of Research will be responsible for developing the research program of the Center for Innovative Governance Research as well as the legal framework for charter cities. Specific responsibilities include:
- Drafting white papers and related research for charter cities
- Writing RFPs and reviewing submissions
- Working with governments and new city developments to create the legal framework for charter cities
- Writing grant applications
- Coordinating with multilateral institutions and other partners to develop the institutions to govern charter cities
- Helping to plan events to engage the scholarly community on charter cities
Qualified applicants should possess:
- PhD in Economics/Political Science with a focus on international development
- Five years’ experience working in international development including:
- Working with governments and multi-lateral institutions
- Drafting documents to influence policy decisions
- Building out a team
- Raising money
- Experience working in a small, fast paced office
- Willing to relocate to Washington DC
Competitive salary. Applicants should send their resume and cover letter to Mark@InnovativeGovernance.org.Read More