Job Listing – Director of External Affairs
The Center for Innovative Governance Research is hiring a Director of External Affairs for our Charter Cities Program. Founded in 2017, the Center is a fast-growing nonprofit building the ecosystem for charter cities. We work with entrepreneurs, new city projects, investors, policy experts, and government officials to make charter cities a reality.
The Center has three programs:
- Research: We produce original research to help decision makers on the ground.
- Events: We host summits to bring together various stakeholders in the charter city ecosystem.
- Application: We work with new cities developments interested in becoming charter cities.
The Director of External Affairs will be responsible for working with partners and potential partners to help spread the vision of charter cities. Specific responsibilities include:
- Building partnerships with multilateral organizations and NGOs
- Publicly advocating for charter cities by writing white papers and opinion editorials, as well as speaking at events.
- Helping to coordinated events, including defining the mission, audience, and inviting speakers
- Drafting RFPs, reviewing submissions
- Working with new city developments and governments to implement charter cities
Qualified applicants should possess:
- Masters in International Development/Economics/related field
- Ten years’ experience working in international development with specific experience writing op-eds, RFPs, and grant, coordinating with multi-lateral institutions, and organizing events.
- Senior government experience
- Willing to relocate to Washington DC
Competitive salary. Applicants should send their resume and cover letter to Mark@InnovativeGovernance.org.